When it comes to your health, often the best care you can provide is preventive, and imaging plays a critical role in spotting potential problems. At Medical Imaging Center of Southern California, the expert team of radiologists, under the guidance of nationally recognized neuroradiologist Dr. Bradley Jabour, provides comprehensive preventive imaging services to patients. To learn more, call the Santa Monica or Beverly Hills, California, location.
At Medical Imaging Center of Southern California, the radiologists use the most advanced equipment and the latest techniques, including MRI, CT, and PET, to detect the most common diseases associated with the highest mortality in the United States. The goal is to detect these diseases before you show signs or symptoms. Using preventative imaging, the team can check for:
- ZeroRad™ Whole Body MRI -Tumors and diseases throughout body and spine
- CT coronary angiogram and calcium score (Smart Heart Scan)- Coronary artery disease
- MRA of your neurovascular system - Stroke
- CT Virtual colonoscopy-Colon cancer
- Low-dose lung CT - Lung cancer
- mp Prostate MRI - Prostate cancer
- Screening mammogram, ABUS ultrasound, Breast MRI - Breast cancer
- DEXA bone densitometry - Osteopenia/osteoporosis
- Brain MRI
The goal is to enable you to view your study one-on-one with the specialist radiologist to provide you with immediate results, peace of mind, and, if necessary, a management plan.
How do the different preventative imaging studies work?
The following imaging procedures are available on their own or as part of a customized program.
ZeroRad™ Whole Body Scan
This MRI allows radiologists to review major organs from your head to your upper thigh. It’s a great option for asymptomatic patients who are looking to screen their whole body. ZeroRad Whole Body MRI includes your brain, the soft tissue in your neck, your chest, your abdomen, and your pelvis.
Results from this MRI provide insight to where abnormalities in your body may be located. Additional scans dedicated to specific areas may be recommended based on the findings from this whole body MRI.
Smart Heart Scan (includes calcium score and CT coronary angiogram)
- Calcium score: Measures the amount of calcium in your coronary artery walls and provides a numeric score that evaluates the risk of heart disease relative to your age and gender.
- CT coronary angiogram: This noninvasive CT coronary angiogram visualizes the arterial channel or lumen. Using a 64-detector CT scanner, your radiologist images the coronary arteries to detect unstable and life-threatening soft plaque that projects into the lumen and creates narrowing in the arterial channels. In most asymptomatic individuals, it’s usually the unstable soft plaque that ruptures without warning, causing heart attacks or strokes. By detecting the soft plaque early and initiating aggressive lifestyle changes and interventional therapies, you can avoid premature death.
Smart Stroke Risk Scan
MR angiogram of the carotid arteries in your neck and the Circle of Willis in your brain detect any narrowing in your neck and brain vasculature that may put you at risk for stroke. It also detects aneurysms that have the potential to rupture.
Smart Lung Scan
Low dose chest CT of the lungs takes approximately two minutes and detects early cancers. It’s an excellent screening tool for smokers, family members of smokers, or anyone with a family history of lung cancer.
It’s less invasive than the traditional study and provides a three-dimensional tour of your colon to detect polyps, tumors, and diverticulitis.
To stay one step ahead of your health, call Medical Imaging Center of Southern California to schedule an appointment.
Smart Brain Scan
MRI, functional MRI, and PET scans of your brain help to rule out degenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer’s disease and multi-infarct dementia (MID). Radiologists can also evaluate for traumatic brain injury and neuropsychiatric disease.
mp prostate MRI
A multi-parametric prostate MRI evaluates for prostate cancer and inflammation of the prostate. It prevents the need for a 12-needle TRUS biopsy. This MRI allows radiologists to calculate risk in the tissues of the prostate and its perimeter. Targeted biopsies resulting from information provided from this MRI are much more effective and less invasive.
Screening and Diagnostic Breast MRI (Siemens 3T Open)
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) of the breasts is the ultimate supplementary screening and diagnostic tool. It’s an ideal option involving no radiation for women with a family or personal history of breast or ovarian cancer. Breast MRIs can also be used to screen for cancer in women who have silicone granulomas and those with breast implants to determine the integrity of the implants.
When used in conjunction with mammography and ultrasound, breast MRIs are effective in detecting and staging breast cancer cases not detected through other means.